CANDLE CARE & SAFETY TIPS
To optimize your Pure Light candle burning experience, we recommend these simple guidelines:
As for all candles, the first burn is the most important. Light the candle and let it burn until a full melt pool has formed, or until the entire surface of the candle has turned to liquid wax. A candle should burn approximately 1” in diameter every hour. So, you should let your Pure Light candle burn for at least 3 hours at a time. This first and important burn, will create a wax memory within the candle. It is important to properly burn and care for your candle to avoid tunneling and to prolong it's life & enjoyment.
- Trim the wick to 1/4” between each lighting, and make sure that it is centered.
- Burn for no more than 4 hours at a time.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Extinguish candles before leaving a room or before going to sleep.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that is flammable, including drapes, books, paper, funiture, etc.
- Do not burn a candle near open air vents, ceiling fans, or drafts.
- A candle container can become hot when in use. Always burn a candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface, and avoid touching or moving a burning candle.
- Keep candle out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep candle free from from wick trimmings and other debri.
- We recommend using a candle snuffer or wick-dipper to extinguish flame.
- To avoid smoke upon extinguishing a candle, use a wick-dipper, and carefully dip the tip of the wick into the melted wax, this will re-coat the wick and prepare it for it’s next use.
- Always follow good sense and follow safety instructions carefully.
- Pure Light candles clean up easily with just soap and water. If you happen to spill any melted wax, simply clean up with warm, soapy water. Once the candle has completely burned through, we encourage you to recycle or repurpose the container.
For more Candle Safety Rules please visit the NCA’s Candle Safety Page at: http://candles.org/fire-safety-candles/candle-safety-rules/